The Online Business Manager Class with Sarah Noked
In this class, I’m joined by Sarah Noked, an Online Business Manager (OBM) who teaches some of the principles of how you can become an OBM for your clients. So many businesses out there are looking for a point person who can manage their team, manage their finances, manage their launches, and put effective systems in place. Learn what it takes to take on this valuable, in-demand role!
Sarah Noked is the founder of Sarah Noked OBM, an Online Business Management Agency, where she helps clients by systematizing their businesses’ backends and priming them for successful launches. Her mission is simple: to empower entrepreneurs to grow a thriving business online by building systems & a winning team, keeping everyone accountable to their goals, and increasing those profits.
Sarah’s team works with entrepreneurs and creatives in all stages of business to provide the structure and business management support they need. She allows owners to harness their creativity within a structured business of their dreams. Her focus is on creating the systems and automation necessary to help companies to delegate while wrangling diverse virtual teams in established firms. Sarah provides the encouragement –and the means– to keep you thinking creatively while giving owners the kick in the pants to continue growing their business!
As one of just 3 worldwide Certified OBM® Trainers, Sarah works to share her passion for Online Business Management. Through a variety of training and certification courses, she offers the right resources to empower and educate highly-skilled VAs and OBMs around the world.
[0:00] – Opening thoughts
[0:54] – Introduction to Sarah Noked
[2:04] – Setting the stage for the topic of Online Business Management (OBM)
[3:28] – Sarah shares her freedom story
[8:47] – The growth of the OBM industry and the importance of VAs
[10:48] – How entrepreneurship and online businesses are becoming more popular
[14:00] – The role of the OBM
– [14:25] – Definition of an OBM
– Main aspects:
– Project Management
– Team Management
– Metrics Management
– Launch Management
– Operations Management
[16:40] – How tasks can be delegated to a VA and overseen by an OBM using systems
[17:40] – The importance of getting experience as a VA before becoming an OBM
[18:29] – The importance of systems and how an OBM can organize businesses
[19:43] – Steps to coming into a client’s business as an OBM
– Think outside the box.
– Where are they losing money?
– What’s going wrong with the team?
– What are their goals?
– Are they clear about their goals and vision?
– Document their systems into standard operating procedures.
– Streamline the systems (e.g. technology).
[21:08] – How to guide someone from one role to a different role as an OBM:
– Instead of asking the client what they need help with today, be more suggestive in the possible course of action that you can take.
– Be clear about the client’s vision and their goals.
– Take a leadership role with your client.
[25:41] – How the business is your client
– Always act in the best interest of the business.
[27:04] – How an OBM can be a voice of reason for clients
[27:20] – The growth and advantages of the OBM industry
[27:52] – Pricing and packaging as an OBM:
– Project-based retainer or hourly retainer
– A minimum of 90 days
[29:10] – Understanding the client’s business:
– Where is the revenue coming from
– Meetings with all the team members
– Meetings with the client (getting clear about their goals)
– Cleanup (getting the project management in place)
[30:08] – How every business needs a VA, but not every business needs an OBM
[32:15] – How the role of strategist complements the role of OBM
[35:00] – How you can begin with a simple project and move towards the OBM role
[35:50] – How to learn more about Sarah and what she’s doing in the OBM space
[36:43] – Final thoughts
Resources and tools discussed in this episode:
SUPPORT THE FREELANCE PODCLASS!
– Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help our podcast to impact so many other freelancers around the world.
– Subscribe on iTunes if you haven’t already!