The Local Facebook Ads Class with Keeley Cannings
In this class, I’m joined by my daughter, Keeley Cannings, who gives you valuable strategies on how you can use local Facebook Ads to target your client audience right in your own backyard. Keeley shares how she has leveraged local Facebook Ads to build a very profitable photography business for herself. Join us as we unpack 9 steps to launching a local Facebook Ads campaign so you can generate new client leads and ultimately build your business!
[0:00] – Opening thoughts
[1:00] – Introduction to Keeley Cannings and the topic of Local Facebook Ads
[2:08] – Keeley’s experience doing “Headshot Days” as a local photographer
[4:02] – The benefit of Facebook Ads to freelancers:
– 3 Whys:
– 1) It gets your name and business out there.
– 2) It increases your engagement and your followers.
– 3) It helps turn complete strangers into lifelong clients.
[6:00] – The “Echo Effect”
– Don’t get discouraged if you don’t land clients and generate leads the first time.
[7:57] – Example of an idea you can use to generate client leads in your local area
[9:26] – 9 Steps to take when launching a local Facebook Ads campaign:
– [9:38] – 1) Define your target.
– Nail down your dream client.
– [10:53] – 2) Prepare your presence.
– Have your blog and social media prepared and updated.
– [11:47] – 3) Create a targeted landing page.
– Include time slots, contact page or social media so people can come to your site and ask questions about the event you’re hosting.
– Show your portfolio and testimonials on your landing page.
– [13:50] – 4) Define your audience and your budget with Ad Sets.
– Target your specific area, audience demographics, interests, and jobs.
– [15:57] – 5) Create a relevant, eye-catching image.
– People like to see people, not just objects, to establish a connection.
– [17:24] – 6) Create an eye-catching, relevant tagline.
– E.g. Ask a question – attention-getting, short, easy to read.
– [19:07] – 7) Define your budget.
– Define how much you want to spend per day.
– Don’t get overzealous and make a big jump in your budget.
– Start small.
– [20:31] – 8) Go after your target audience with Facebook Ads and get them to respond to you.
– Reach out to people.
– Don’t go too general – Dig deep and find your target audience.
– [21:14] – 9) Be active during your campaign.
– When you get an email, respond right away.
– Comment back and follow back in social media.
– [22:11] – Bonus Tip: Remarketing
– Retarget people who have already seen your ad or have already arrived at your landing page.
[23:20] – Final thoughts
Resources and Tools Discussed in This Episode:
Let Us Know What You Think:
– Leave a note in the comment section below.
– Ask a question at [email protected]
Support The Freelance Podclass!
– Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help our podcast to impact so many other freelancers around the world.
– Subscribe on iTunes if you haven’t already!