The Client Onboarding Class with Jake Berg
In this Podclass, I am joined by the co-founder of Dubsado.com, Jake Berg, who shares some helpful strategies for building a good relationship with your clients in the early stages and effectively onboarding them into your systems and business. He also shares some thoughts on Dubsado, their client intake and management software, that is helping many freelancers successfully streamline and manage their client relationships.
Jake Berg is the co-founder, with his wife Becca, of Dubsado. He’s the father to Charlie and Noah. Jake spends his day to day, building Dubsado’s product and brand. Outside of work, Jake enjoys writing and spending quality time with family.
[0:00] – Opening thoughts
[0:55] – Introduction to Jake Berg
[2:28] – Jake’s story of building the business, Dubsado
– [4:50] – How having kids motivated his business
– [5:25] – How his work experience inspired the Dubsado platform
[7:23] – What it’s been like starting a business with his wife and how he makes it work effectively
[9:37] – How Craig works effectively with his wife
[10:41] – How Jake and his wife respect each other’s roles in the business
[11:29] – How to onboard a client with confidence so it builds your credibility:
– [11:54] – An example of a copywriter who built credibility by using Dubsado
– [12:49] – How a freelancer onboards a client well
– [16:17] – How Dubsado streamlines processes and saves time
– [17:12] – How Dubsado is a philosophy first
– [21:18] – How Dubsado helps people become better entrepreneurs and business owners
[21:41] – An overview of what Dubsado is and how it’s serving the freelance community
– [23:51] – Key integrations
– [25:45] – The Workflow
[26:15] – How Dubsado integrates with project management tools
[28:19] – Final thoughts
Resources and Tools Discussed in this Episode:
Support the Freelance Podclass!
– Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help our podcast to impact so many other freelancers around the world.
– Subscribe on iTunes if you haven’t already!