The Online Traffic Class
Today’s topic is of utmost importance to anyone who has a website. If you’re selling courses, products, or services, you’re going to sometimes have a “traffic problem.” Many of you struggle with this and feel that no one is coming to your website or reading your blog posts. So, how do you consistently bring targeted people to your website and attract the right kind of audience? Join us as I share three common types of online traffic that you can leverage to grow your freelance business and get more visitors to your website!
[0:43] Introduction to the topic of traffic problems and the importance of driving consistent traffic to your website
[1:53] How the movie We Bought a Zoo illustrates the idea of traffic problems and how we’re always looking for the right kind of traffic to come to our freelance websites
Three Common Types of Online Traffic that You Can Leverage to Grow Your Freelance Business
[4:23] #1 Owned Traffic (Warmed Traffic)
– How to nurture these people who are connected to you by having an email subscriber list and a free offer
– How this also includes social media connections, content marketing channels and networking
[9:47] #2 Earned Traffic
– How optimizing your content with SEO helps you move up in the search engines over time and attracts free traffic from Google to your website
– How direct and indirect referrals, affiliate programs, podcast interviews, guest posts, and product reviews also help earn traffic
[13:52] #3 Paid Traffic
– How you can boost a Facebook Ad or run a Facebook Ad campaign and build your email list
– The pros and cons of Facebook and how it can eventually lead to a great return on investment
[15:36] Recap of the three main traffic sources
[16:10] How to uplevel your skills in some of the areas we’ve talked about in this episode
Resources and tools discussed in this episode:
SUPPORT THE FREELANCE PODCLASS!
– Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help our podcast to impact so many other freelancers around the world.
– Subscribe on iTunes if you haven’t already!