5 Ways to Build Your Content Marketing Plan with Susan Weeks
Date: 20 March, 2019
In this class we show you, as freelancers, how you can boost your visibility, increase your credibility, and ultimately land more clients by delivering high-value content through a whole variety of mediums including Facebook Live, podcasting, YouTube, or blogging. Our expert instructor today, Susan Weeks, will show you five steps to building a content marketing plan within your freelance business.
Over the years Susan has supported technical experts, authors and coaches in a variety of content marketing services, with an early emphasis on video marketing.
Susan now specializes in podcasting, particularly in podcast strategy and launch services. She blogs about podcasting, speaks at events on podcasting and content development, and has developed training courses in podcasting as well as audio and video editing.
In 2017, Susan launched her own podcast, the very popular Stitchery Stories, based around her beloved hobby of textile art & embroidery.
Susan now lives back in the UK on the East Yorkshire coast with her teen son, loves early morning runs along the seafront and values any time with her textile art and embroidery.
[1:01] – Introduction to Susan Weeks
[3:02] – Susan talks about her podcast: “Stitchery Stories”
[5:11] – Why Content Marketing is important for freelancers
[8:01] – The importance of building your expert brand
[8:36] – Positioning yourself above the competition
[11:59] – How content gives you opportunities to demonstrate your knowledge and what it’s like working with you
[13:07] – Steps to setting up a Content Marketing strategy that will work:
[14:23] – Where do you start?
[15:28] – Starting at the end – the buyer’s pathway
[16:29] – Introducing the Five Steps:
[17:08] – Step 1: Your journey ahead
[20:13] – Step 2: You as the guide
[21:31] – Step 3: How you’re going to help your prospects:
– [21:49] – Different types of content
– [22:30] – Repurposing content to suit different learning styles
– [23:36] – A plug for podcasting
– [25:03] – How content creation helps you find your “voice”
[25:56] – Step 4: What do you need to make that journey
[28:27] – Step 5: Build it – create your content
– [29:20] – An example of creating content to attract people to your services
– [31:48] – The benefits of giving away free content
[34:32] – Action steps:
– [34:35] – Start with the end in mind.
– [34:53] – Decide what type of content you will deliver and how much you can sustain.
[36:12] – How to connect with Susan
[38:23] – Final thoughts
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
Susan’s video series: Is a Podcast Right for You?
Let us know what you think:
– Leave a note in the comment section below.
– Ask a question at [email protected]
Support the Freelance Podclass!
– Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help our podcast to impact so many other freelancers around the world.
– Subscribe on iTunes if you haven’t already!